celebrate recovery | Fall 2020
REGATHER with us
in person and OUTSIDE at 6:30pm
Beginning Friday, August 28
Foster Creek Campus
5005 FM 359
As a spiritual family in recovery together, we at Celebrate Recovery are longing to be together for support and mutual encouragement, but we want to protect one another and care for our community.
Carefully Re-Gathering OUTSIDE gives us the best opportunity to meet together in a way that allows more of us to come together safely this fall.
There are no 100% guarantees, but our goal is to provide a place for consistent, in-person connection this fall, as safely and responsibly as possible. We believe meeting outside gives us the best shot at that.
In so many ways, outside helps a lot. And the Foster Creek Campus is a fantastic location that is well-suited for this, with plenty of cool shade trees and space to spread out. If this allows more of us to GATHER together safely, it’s worth it!
All groups will meet outside and will respect confidentiality and social distancing guidelines, in order to honor and care for one another.
We will begin each meeting with a shortened "Large Group" gathering (with social distancing) that will include celebrating our recovery milestones and some other brief elements that could vary week-to-week, such as prayer time or a few worship songs. Then we will disperse into our various men’s and women’s small groups. We will space those groups out for the sake of confidentiality, and we will also keep 6 feet of space between group members in order to respect Covid-19 best practices as we care for one another.
Let’s Meet Together Outside at the Foster Creek Campus this Fall!
- All meetings will be exclusively outside.
Rain Plan: If it is raining at 6:00pm, we will cancel that week.
- Bring your own camp chair, or feel free to use one of our chairs.
- If a group member cannot meet in person, we will try to provide a connection to join via the Zoom app, etc.
- We will spread out 6-feet apart for both our brief (modified) larger group gathering, and for our recovery small group meetings.
Face masks are optional but encouraged for any time we are not spaced 6 feet apart.
If you are in the same family or you came to CR together & want to sit closer together (but not closer to others, please), it’s up to you.
We ask everyone to be situationally aware & attentive to others. For example: if someone you are visiting with would prefer to wear a mask, please put your own mask on out of care, love, and respect.
- Some may wish to sit farther back, at a greater distance; this too is fine, and as a recovery family we will certainly honor that.
- The restrooms will be open, supplied with plenty of soap.
Hand sanitizer and extra face masks will be available.
- Feel free to come 30 minutes early (the campus will open at 6:00pm) and bring your own picnic dinner (please social distance while eating with others), or use our “parking lot loop” to walk and talk with your accountability partner, sponsor, etc.
- We regret that we cannot provide child care or a communal meal together at this time.
- It will be a shortened large group program, as listed above.
- We will maximize the time for meeting together in our recovery small groups. But there may be various types of groups meeting, such as Separate Women’s and Men’s general sharing groups OR Separate Women’s and Men’s Step Study group.
- Bring your own bug spray, water bottle, or anything else you may need.