Celebrate Recovery Who We are
Celebrate Recovery at First Colony
What We Are:
A safe place to share
A place of belonging
A place to care for others and be cared for
Where respect is given to each member
Where confidentiality is highly regarded
A place to learn
A place to grow and become strong again
Where you can take off your mask
A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks
A possible turning point in your life
What We Are Not:
A place for selfish control
A place for secrets
A place to look for dating relationships
A place to rescue of be rescued by others
A place for perfection
A long term commitment
A place to judge others
A quick fix
Celebrate Recovery small groups can:
• Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the "Principles" in a Christ-Centered recovery.
• Provide you a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up on habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery's "Five Guidelines."
• Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
• Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week, if available.
Celebrate Recovery small groups will not:
• Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We will provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
• Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."