reGather With Us
Meeting Together on the Front Porch
Sunday Church outside at 6:00 pm
We crave connection and we long for fellowship. We love to worship together, in person, but we want to protect one another and care for our community. Church Outside gives us the best opportunity right now for the largest number of us to be together safely and consistently this Fall.
There are no 100% guarantees, but where we can’t have certainty, we will try to provide clarity. Our goal is to provide a place for consistent, weekly in-person worship and connection this Fall, and we believe meeting outside gives us the best shot at that.
In so many ways, outside helps a lot. And we have a fantastic location that is well-suited for this, with plenty of cool shade trees and space to spread out. If this allows more of our church family (and friends and neighbors) to GATHER together safely, it’s worth it!
For information on the reopening of our First Colony campus click here.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We will hold a 40-minute worship service out by the Front Porch that will include:
A Few Songs
Communion & Offering
LIVE Preaching, featuring an abbreviated version of the message heard Sunday Morning at the First Colony campus.
Prayer and Scripture Readings
The worship service will be followed by an extended fellowship time. Some weeks it will be completely informal and unstructured. Sometimes it may be with special prayer times or group discussions like a Bible class. We will lean into fellowship and connection.
Let’s Meet Together at the Front Porch this Fall . . .
- Bring a camp chair, or feel free to use one of our chairs. We’ll sit in the shade on the east side of the barn.
- Family groups will sit together.
- Face masks are optional, especially for those that are spaced 6 feet apart or more.
- Some groups may be comfortable sitting nearer together; it is up to you.
- We ask that everyone be aware and attentive to others.
- For example: if someone you are visiting with would prefer to wear a mask, please offer to put on your own mask, out of care, love, and respect.
- Some may wish to sit farther back, at a greater distance; this too is fine, and as a church family we will honor that.
- The restrooms will be open, supplied with plenty of soap.
- Hand sanitizer and extra face masks will be available.
- Feel free to come early (campus will open at 5:00pm) and stay after for extended fellowship outside, safely and carefully.
- You are welcome to have a picnic dinner on the grounds as a family or in social distancing groups. Everyone, please bring your own food.
- Bring your own mosquito spray, especially in early fall.
- We ask every member to be responsible for themselves, and every family to take care and responsibility for their own children. We will all worship together in one group.
- It will be a somewhat shortened worship service, leaving time for fellowship and/or prayer time at the end.
- The worship, communion, and preaching will be LIVE on the front porch.
So let’s GATHER together! Let’s sing out and invite the Spirit’s presence among us. Let’s come ready to learn and GROW - and let us be encouraged and equipped to GO on mission. Let’s embrace one another (metaphorically – or maybe with an air hug or an elbow tap) as we lean into fellowship, connection, and worship together.
We hope to see you on the Front Porch this fall!